Information on Kauri Dieback in the Kaipātiki Local Board area, including temporary closure of tracks and parks.
The following tracks are now temporarily closed:
- Birkenhead War Memorial Park – Track from Birkenhead Ave (via cemetery) to next two intersections is closed.
- City View Reserve – Reserve closed.
- Chatswood Reserve – A number of tracks closed, with commuter route remaining open.
- Eskdale Reserve/Birkenhead Domain - A number of tracks closed.
- Fernglen Reserve – Tracks at entrance that contain large kauri are closed.
- Hadfield Street Reserve – Unofficial tracks in the upper part of reserve closed; Unofficial track to Odin Place Reserve is closed.
- Kauri Glen Reserve/Cecil Eady Reserve – A number of tracks closed, with school access route remaining open.
- Kauri Park – Reserve closed on 27/8/18 due to kauri dieback disease being confirmed. All tracks closed.
- Leigh Scenic Reserve – All tracks closed.
- Le Roys Bush Reserve – Track from Hinemoa Street and Le Roy Terrance to intersection with main track closed to provide protection for high-value kauri.
- Lynn Reserve – Track from Leigh Scenic Reserve to first intersection closed.
- Muriel Fisher Reserve – Reserve closed on 27/8/18 due to kauri dieback disease being confirmed. All tracks closed.
- Odin Place Reserve – Reserve closed.
- Rangatira Reserve – One unformed track in southern part of reserve closed to protect stand of mature kauri.
Other tracks are being assessed, so there could be further temporary closures.
Read all about it! See what projects and activities the Shore Action team have been delivering in your neighbourhood and what is […]
Vote for Action on the Environment!The Shore Action team is proud of its record on protecting the environment! Please vote for the […]
The Shore Action team has led the Kaipātiki Local Board for the last 3 years and has made huge progress […]
A massive upgrade of our kauri bush tracks is on its way!The Shore Action team is very proud that on […]
You may have read some misinformation from some confused Kaipātiki local board candidates on our proposal for a Beach Haven […]
The Shore Action team visited Kauri Glen Reserve today to check out the new Section 18 track and boardwalk! The realigned track […]
Today the Kaipātiki Local Board received an update on planned track changes to protect kauri from dieback disease. We’ve managed […]
The Kaipatiki Local Board has approved a mammoth programme of bush track and connection projects. This includes work to upgrade […]
It was a privilege to meet the young winners of the Pest Free Kaipātiki Kauri Hero Poster Competition, Maia and Francesca 🙂Their artwork […]
Have your children entered Pest Free Kaipātiki’s Kauri Hero Poster competition yet? Draw a picture to show how we can […]
Hot off the press! Download a copy of the new “Kauri Dieback” edition of our Kaipatiki Explorer booklet for easy-to-follow […]
Unfortunately a row of 10 kauri at Chelsea Estate Heritage Park between the heritage cottages and the toilet block have […]
Last week Kaipatiki Local Board members undertook Kauri Dieback Certification at Fernglen Reserve to learn best-practice techniques when in a […]
Following on from previous track closures in our area, the Kaipatiki Local Board and council have now temporarily closed several […]
From today, the Kaipatiki Local Board is temporarily closing a number of bush tracks as a pre-emptive measure to help […]
Last week the Kaipatiki Local Board endorsed a strategy to temporarily close bush tracks that put kauri trees at risk […]
From today, section S18 pictured in green will be closed due to the risk posed to the kauri roots throughout […]
Kauri Dieback has been confirmed for the first time in the Kaipātiki Local Board area 🙁 A sample from Kauri […]
The track from the Brunton Place entrance is currently closed while a boardwalk is built to protect kauri roots and […]
I’m very proud that the Kaipatiki Local Board has boosted funding for environmental and park initiatives by 38% 🙂 “During the […]
Tests on the kauri tree in Chelsea Estate Heritage Park that was suspected of having kauri dieback disease have shown […]
Danielle Grant and I represented the Kaipatiki Local Board at Council’s Finance and Performance Committee yesterday. We went in to bat for […]