I am an elected member and Chairperson of the Kaipātiki Local Board and part of the Shore Action team, representing you in Auckland Council. I'm working hard to ensure that your views are heard, local projects are progressed, Auckland Council is held to account, and that you are kept informed of Kaipātiki issues, projects and events.
I am devoted to our community and the North Shore way of life. I was born and raised on the Shore and live locally with my young family.
I have championed many playground, track and signage upgrades; achieved various roading and walkway safety improvements; installed the Manuka Reserve dog park; saved the Highbury Norfolk pine; blew the whistle on many controversial decisions, budget blow-outs and public land sales.
I support building a walking/cycling route around the Kaipātiki coastline; installing shadesails over playgrounds; expanding placemaking initiatives; improving public transport routes; protecting heritage areas and the natural environment; increasing community input into decisions; and an end to closed-door, secret meetings.
- Progressing the Beach Haven coastal walkway
- Solving flooding issues at Little Shoal Bay
- A new fenced pre-school playground
- More shadesails, new playgrounds, and upgraded bush tracks
I was first elected to the Glenfield Community Board from 2007-2010, under North Shore City Council, and was Chairperson for most of the term.
In 2010, the North Shore was amalgamated into Auckland Council, and I was elected to the inaugural Kaipātiki Local Board as an independent.
In 2013, I was re-elected to the Kaipātiki Local Board as part of the Team of Independents, along with Grant Gillon and Lorene Pigg.
In 2016, I was re-elected to the Kaipātiki Local Board as part of the Shore Action team, alongside Paula Gillon, Anne-Elise Smithson and Adrian Tyler. I was appointed Deputy Chair for the first half of the term, and Chair for the second half (alternating positions with Danielle Grant).
In 2019, I was re-elected to the Kaipātiki Local Board as part of a larger Shore Action team, alongside Danielle Grant, Paula Gillon, Melanie Kenrick and Adrian Tyler. I was appointed Chair for the term.
- Chair, Kaipātiki Local Board (Mar 2018-present)
- Deputy Chair, Kaipātiki Local Board (Nov 2016-Feb 2018)
- Elected Member, Kaipātiki Local Board (2010-present)
- Chair, Glenfield Community Board (2008-2010)
- Elected Member, Glenfield Community Board (2007-2010)
- Elected Parent Representative, Beach Haven Primary Board of Trustees (2019-present)
- Chair, Bayview Community Centre (2012-2014)
- Local Board Parks Portfolio Holder (2010-2016)
- Local Board Libraries Portfolio Holder (2010-2016)
- Local Board Rep, Glenfield Community Centre Governance Group (2007-2016)
- Local Board Rep, Kauri Point Centennial Park and Chatswood Reserve management Committee (2013-2016)
- Local Board Rep, Northcote Town Centre Business Association (2010-2013)
- Admin, Beach Haven and Birkdale Community Group
- Admin, Birkenhead and Northcote Community Group
- Admin, Glenfield Community Group
- Technical writer, specialising in software and hardware user documentation (Tools: Madcap Flare, AuthorIt, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Techsmith SnagIt)
- Website designer (PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, WordPress)
- Software tester