A new design for the Westhaven to Akoranga Drive portion of the Northern Pathway (formally SkyPath and SeaPath) is now open for public feedback until Sunday 19 April. Due to the COVID-19 situation, NZTA are not holding any public sessions and instead all feedback is being collected online.
Significant changes since the previous proposed design include:
- The connection at Princes Street (under the Harbour Bridge) has changed and it is now proposed that several houses and one pohutukawa tree are to be removed.
- The connection at Sulphur Beach Reserve has changed. There will be a connection into the carpark, but the route will no longer go through the carpark and under the motorway.
- A new bridge over the motorway is proposed to reach Stafford Park, avoiding the Northcote Point motorway off-ramp. The Tennyson Street underpass will also be upgraded.
- New bridges and underpasses are proposed to avoid the Onewa Rd off- and on-ramps, with a new spur to connect to the bottom of Onewa Road & Onepoto Domain.
- A new crossing at Akoranga Drive.
The online feedback form and further information can be found here:
or email the NZTA project team at: email@example.com