Auckland Transport will be resurfacing the roads around the Birkenhead Town Centre and the intersection of Highbury Bypass/Mokoia Rd over the second-half of April. Please see the attached map for the locations. Road resurfacing work involves removing the existing surface layer, applying a sealing coat, a new asphalt surface layer and line marking to the finished road surface.
The work will be happening in three phases, each of which will be carried out overnight (8pm to 5am):
- Phase 1: Road closure Birkenhead Avenue and Hammond Place (15/4/2019 and 16/4/2019)
- Phase 2: Road closure Mokoia Road (17/4/2019-18/4/2019)
- Phase 3: Highbury Bypass/Mokoia Rd intersection – Stop/Go signs on Highbury Bypass and Mokoia Road (28/4/2019-30/4/2019)
During the works the below conditions will apply:
- Works will require that there will be no parking on-site during the work shift. Due to this, there will be “no parking” signs erected prior to the shift. Cars that are in this zone will be towed if the owner is not able to be located prior to the commencement of works.
- Bus stops will be closed and relocated. Posted signs will be established to assist the public.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- Traffic controllers will be onsite to assist throughout the night where needed.
- If there is disruptive weather, the work will be postponed by one week.